Please call for a current class schedule!
This class is for eligible Highmark insured seniors who are still regularly active. Silver Sneakers offers an innovative blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle, and socially oriented programming that allows older adults to take adventage of their health. The fitness program is a results-driven program, if you are an older adult and would like to take charge and maintain an active, independent lifestyle - Review the checklist of items below to see if you fit the criteria for this program.
- You must be able to shift your weight from one foot to the other without the use of support.
- You must be able to control your balance moving forward and backward.
- You must be able to keep up with the moves in class using both your upper and lower body.
- You must have sufficient muscular strength and endurance to exercise from a standing position for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Fitness Club Information
All Silver Sneakers participants are allowed to use the fitness equipment in the club during all club hours. Equipment available for your use is:
- Elliptical Trainers
- Recumbent Cycle
- Cybex Weight Training Machines
- Dumb Bell Weights
- Fit Express Hydraulic Circuit Training Equipment
NOTE: Participants are strongly encouraged to have an equipment orientation before beginning to use the fitness area. Please sign up at the front desk.
These services are not included with the Silver Sneakers Program: Tanning, Massage, Facials, Spa Treatments or Waxing Services. You may however purchase these services at the regular service prices.